We can’t wait to see you again! We’re thrilled to share the YWCA Greenwich will implement Phase 2 opening on Monday, July 13. Phase 1, which included Dolphins Swim Team, Master’s Swimming, Camp TAYITO, and Preschool Summer Camp, began in late June.
Summer Opening Hours:
Sunday: limited programs, see schedule
The safety of our members and staff is our top priority. We are following State and CDC guidelines to maintain a healthier environment for all. We will continue to reopen our YW in phases and will be ready to adapt quickly as guidelines evolve in an effort to provide you with a meaningful, supportive, and safer YW experience.
What Is Now OpenPhase 2 of our reopening includes activities and areas where we, with your help, can observe social distancing guidelines.
- The Courtney Combe Fitness Center
- Group Exercise Classes – classes will temporarily be held in the Royce/Porter Dance Studio where there is more space to spread out and easily accessible from the front parking area.
- Badminton and Pickle Ball
- Nick Cavataro Pool (Adult Lap Swim and Adult Aquatics Programs)
- Youth Learn to Swim classes and Lifeguard courses
What To Expect and What To Bring
Using guidelines from the State and CDC, we have modified some of our procedures to increase cleanliness and social distancing throughout the facility. This requires a team effort among both members and staff to maintain a healthy environment for all.
Facility and Class Reservations
- Per State guidelines, our building capacity has been reduced during our first two phases of reopening. In order to maintain attendance, prevent wait times, and to help you plan accordingly, we have launched a temporary advance registration system for the Fitness Center, group exercise classes and pool lanes. Please click here for schedules and click here for access to the online registration system or contact Member Services at 203-869-6501, extension 100 to make a reservation.
- YWCA Greenwich has established hours in the Fitness Center exclusively for our Senior Members. Seniors only may reserve between 10:30 am and noon on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Seniors are also welcome at any time during our open hours.
- Increased facility cleaning by our professional cleaning staff and YW staff
- Additional disinfectant supplies throughout the facility
- Staff trained in updated cleaning protocols
- As an additional precaution, high-touch surfaces and equipment in our facility have been treated with Virex ii 256, an EPA-approved disinfectant which has been shown to be effective against the COVID-19 virus.
- Staff have their temperature taken each day and wear masks for your protection and their own. Though we may be wearing masks when we see you again, we’ll be smiling behind those masks as we welcome you back!
- Sneeze shields have been placed throughout the facility.
- Group exercise equipment is laid out in advance. Disinfecting of equipment occurs before and after a class.
- Mats (exercise or yoga) and yoga accessories (blocks, blankets, bolsters, etc.) are not available currently. We encourage members to bring their own mat for use at the YW.
- Please bring your own towel and water bottle. All water fountains have been temporarily shut off.
- Markers have been placed to help encourage social distancing throughout the facility and within class spaces. We are still here to support and motivate each other, just from a little bit farther away for a while.
- Some machines and equipment in the Fitness Center are temporarily closed to allow for adequate social distancing.
- Locker rooms are closed during our first two phases. Lap swimmers should arrive ready to enter the pool and should bring their own equipment. Lanes will be limited to one swimmer.
- Guest passes have been temporarily suspended.
What We Are Asking Of You
- While we love to see you, please stay home if you or someone in your household is feeling sick.
- In advance of returning to the YW, you will need to sign a new waiver form. You may view and digitally sign the waiver by clicking here. Download the PDF and open with system viewer.
- Each time you enter YWCA Greenwich our staff will ask a series of health questions and will take your temperature.
- Sanitize your hands as you enter and leave each area of the YW.
- Wipe down all equipment before and after each use with the provided disinfectant supplies.
- Respect all social distancing protocols.
- A face mask or covering is required to enter the facility. Masks must be worn when walking throughout the YW and may be removed only when exercising and at least 12 feet apart from others. Classes in our gym, Meeting Room s A & B and outdoors permit 12 feet spacing and no mask while exercising.
- Please have patience with our new procedures, this is new for all of us.
WHAT WILL BE RETURNING LATER
The below areas and activities will return as guidelines evolve and we can progress through the phases of reopening responsibly. We look forward to being able to resume these activities for our members soon and will keep you updated.
- Locker Rooms, Steam, and Sauna
- Gymnastics and other youth sports
- Arcuri’s Café
VIRTUAL PROGRAMMING: @home We are continuing and enhancing our @home virtual programming with live streaming of classes, on-demand classes, virtual children’s programs, and more! Please click here for access to that content.FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE If you have been financially impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, please know that we are here for you. Financial assistance is made available by our generous donors ensuring no individual or family is ever turned away. MEMBERSHIP Beginning in August, YWCA Greenwich will resume regular membership drafts. For questions about your membership or to continue freezing your membership, please contact Michelle Pennino, Director of Member Services .