Thanks for your interest in joining the YWCA Greenwich on our mission to eliminate racism and empower women! Your voice matters as we stand up for social justice, help families and strengthen communities. Whether you have five minutes, or can commit five hours of your time, learn how you can plug in to the YWCA Greenwich community, below.
Volunteer with the YWCA Greenwich
YWCA Greenwich offers a number of volunteer opportunities for individuals and groups.
The minimum age for volunteering as an individual is 16. An application, in person interview and background check are required for all individual volunteers.
- Our Kaleidoscope After School program matches volunteers with elementary and middle school aged children for homework help and mentoring. Typically this requires a weekly commitment of a minimum of 1 hour.
- Domestic Abuse Services hotline volunteers take after hours calls from victims and people seeking information about services. This volunteer opportunity takes place in your home and requires Domestic Violence Certification Training. The training is offered by YWCA Greenwich twice per year, and it will certify the volunteer pursuant to state regulations. This training is a four-day (9 am to 4 pm) commitment.
- Use your special skill to teach a class at the YWCA
- Help YWCA Greenwich staff with special events such as our Walk the Walk against domestic violence or our Family Fun Day.
To begin the process of volunteering as an individual, please complete the application here.
Group activities can be tailored to the size and skills of the participants. Groups may be corporate, students or other organizations. Typically group opportunities are scheduled as single events rather than ongoing commitments. We require individual information about the participants, but applications, interviews and background checks are not required.
- Plan and execute a party (i.e. Halloween, Valentine’s Day) or event for our preschool or after school program
- Plan and execute a food or supply drive for our domestic abuse services clients
- Roll up your sleeves and tackle a facilities project on our 6.5 acre / 44,000sf campus
- Use your group’s special skill to teach a class for adults or kids at YWCA Greenwich
- If you have a great idea for a project or event, let us know!
To begin the approval process of volunteering as a group, please contact YWCA Greenwich. Licensing may be required.